Sunday 17 April 2011

The Notebook


Halfway through reading 'The Notebook' upon watching the movie. Can really see what is going on, almost like in real life. The story line remained unchanged, more details are added, it does not add a limit to imagination, the sky is the limit.

The romantics would call this a love story, the cynics would call it a pathetic one.

********************************************************************
In his last letter to Allie, Noah wrote:

In some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I will smile at you with joy, and remember how we spent a summer beneath the tress, learning from each other and growing in love. And maybe, for a brief moment, you'll feel it too, and you'll smile back, and savor the memories we will always share together.


In Allie's notebook:

We have lived a lifetime most couples never know, and yet, when I look at you, I am frightened by the knowledge that all this will be ending soon. I see your tears and I worry more about you than I do about me, because I fear the pain I know you will go through. There are no words to express my sorrow for this, and I am at a loss for words. And perhaps, just perhaps, we will find a way to be together again.


********************************************************************

Will want to finish reading them in 3 days time (if still not being assigned work station :( )


No comments:

Post a Comment